Silver Screen Knits, Volume Two
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it’s been an exciting few weeks. Not only is it American tax season (mailed ours off this morning), but I had a rather large birthday (no, I will not tell you the number) and today we are beginning preorders for print copies of Silver Screen Knits, Volume Two.
- If you would like a 20% discount code to preorder Volume Two, sign up for the SSK: Behind the Scenes e-newsletter and it’ll pop right into your mailbox.
Just like Volume One, the book includes introductions to each inspiration movie, memorable quotes from the movie, and descriptions of what to look for as you’re watching the film – plus, eleven gorgeous patterns!
Some of the movies that inspired us this time: Rear Window, How to Marry a Millionaire, The Great Gatsby (1974), Singin’ in the Rain, and East of Eden. We got carried away by a few of these films; Susanna I-C ended up designing three patterns (two sweaters and a shawl) inspired by Grace Kelly in Rear Window, while Becky Wolf and I tackled Mia Farrow and Robert Redford in The Great Gatsby, and Becky created a stunning cardigan based on the same film that inspired my Sophia Loren pullover from Knitty Deep Fall 2013.
And then there’s the Gene Kelly vest from Singin’ in the Rain, Ann Weaver’s version of a sweater worn by James Dean in East of Eden, a pretty lacy skirt inspired by Brigitte Bardot, some lovely versatile fingerless gloves by Tanis Gray, and a cardigan inspired by Lauren Bacall. You can see photos of all these garments over on the print pre-order page, so even if you aren’t sure about buying do go on over and check it out.
Print pre-orders include an e-mailed link to download a PDF of the e-book; those e-mails will also go out on May 15.
To celebrate the book’s release, in the coming weeks you’ll see:
- The release (due to popular demand) of two Volume One patterns as single digital patterns on Ravelry;
- A true, illustrated-with-photos tale of my meeting a wild and crazy movie star;
- Photos of one of the Volume One patterns on Becky and me, with advice on altering the pattern to fit you;
- Interviews with the Volume One designers (previously exclusive to the SSK Behind the Scenes e-newsletter); and more.
So, as they say, watch this space. Also, Happy Birthday to me, and congratulations to everyone who sent their taxes on time. Most of all, as always, thank you so much for your support.